Cisco 8861 IP Phone WiFi Wireless Overview
The Cisco 8861 IP phone delivers a superior, user-friendly WiFi wireless telephone experience for small business and medium or large corporate users. Cisco Intelligent Proximity integrates select telephony features with your personal mobile devices with BlueTooth compatibility. USB and Bluetooth support offer choices in accessories, and wideband audio provides high-quality voice communications. Wi-Fi and Cisco EnergyWise add value to keep cost of use low and affordable when in use.
The IP Phone 8861 combines an attractive ergonomic design with wideband audio for crystal clear voice communications, "always-on" reliability, and encrypted voice communications to enhance security, and access to a comprehensive suite of unified communications features from Cisco communication servers.
This device can send and receive from Bluetooth devices like headsets and smartphones, supporting high-quality wireless voice communications or phone book exchanges.
Cisco 8861 Wireless WiFi Features
The Cisco IP Phone 8861 offers five programmable line keys. You can configure keys to support either multiple directory numbers or calling features such as speed dial. You can also boost productivity by handling multiple calls for each directory number using the multicall-per-line feature.
Fixed-function keys give you one-touch access to applications, messaging, directory, as well as often-used calling features such as hold/resume, transfer, and conference. A five-way navigation cluster helps you transition through menus more easily. Backlit acoustic keys provide flexibility for audio path selection and switching.
Cisco Intelligent Proximity brings the worlds of desk and mobile together for you when you are using your mobile device at the desk for your work. You can move the audio path over to the IP Phone 8861 during active mobile calls to take advantage of its superior audio acoustics. An example would be to share a conversation with a colleague who you want to listen in. This capability gives you greater flexibility and a superior user experience when at your desk.
The IP Phone 8861 comes standard with two USB ports so you can charge your personal mobile devices when at your desk, and stay connected when away from your desk.
8861 Specification Highlights
- 5-inch, widescreen, backlit, 24-bit color, 800x480 pixel display
- Support for up to 5 DN lines
- 5 programmable line keys and 4 soft keys
- Fixed feature keys, including keypad, conference, transfer, hold, apps, directories, voice messaging and more
- Supports XML applications
- Provides SSL-based VPN client
- Supports wideband audio
- Full-duplex HD Audio speakerphone
- 2-port Gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch supports a co-located PC
- Also supports Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with integrated antenna as an alternative to wired Ethernet
- Integrated headset jack
- 3.5 mm stereo line in/out jack (for optional external headset, speakers, or headphones)
- 2 USB ports enhance the usability of call handling by enabling wired or wireless headsets, as well as provide charging capability to mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets
- Supports Bluetooth 3.0 Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) Class 1 technology (up to 66-ft [20m] range)
- Dual position foot stand, wall mountable
- Powered via 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) or optional Cisco Power Cube 4 (sold separately)
Cisco IP Phone 8861 Package Contents:
Note: does not include AC adapter.
- Cisco CP-8861-K9 phone
- Handset and cord
- Dual-position foot stand
- Network cable
- Quick start guide
IP PHONE HARDWARE SPECS
OTHER ENDPOINT FEATURES
NOTE: Some Telephony features listed above may require interoperability with-in a PBX phone system environment set-up. Some features listed are relate to 'device specific manufacturer specifications' only. When used with a compatible PBX Phone System some SIP client devices (IP Phones) have additional feature become available when used in conjunction with the PBX itself. IE: Call Park / Call Return is a function 'on a PBX system configuration'. It will become a usable feature on the SIP Client / IP Phone device in conjunction with the PBX main system.