Details about the GrandStream GXP2140 IP Work Phone
The customizable GXP2140 brings a rich and vibrant display, and call control to the medium to high-volume call user. This device provides the perfect balance for the call-intensive user’s desktop, with its 4 lines, 5 programmable soft keys and feature-loaded call controls. Its 4.3” color LCD display creates a high-quality user experience, and its dual Gigabit PoE ports, HD audio, and integrated Bluetooth makes the GXP2140 highly versatile as well.
Tried, tested and true GrandStream GXP2140
Bringing quality and versatility to your desktop, the GXP2140 delivers the ideal balance of call control, sleek design and an enjoyable user experience. This device is the choice for the desktop user who requires medium-to-high call control functionality with a focus on advanced features and high-end design.
Features of the GXP2140
As all Grandstream IP phones do, the GXP2140 features state-of-the-art security encryption technology (SRTP and TLS). The GXP2140 supports a variety of automated provisioning options, including zero-configuration with Grandstream’s UCM series IP PBXs, encrypted XML files and TR-069, to make mass deployment extremely easy.
- Supports 4 lines, 4 SIP accounts and 5-way voice conferencing
- HD audio on speakerphone and handset, 5 programmable context-sensitive soft keys
- Compatible with GXP2200 LCD extension module (GXP2200 EXT)
- 4.3 inch (480x272) color-screen LCD
- Dual Gigabit ports, integrated PoE
- Expandable using GXP2200EXT Extension sidecar modules
- Integrated Bluetooth for use with Bluetooth headsets and Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices (transferring contact books and calls), USB, EHS for Plantronics headsets
IP PHONE HARDWARE SPECS
OTHER ENDPOINT FEATURES
NOTE: Some Telephony features listed above may require interoperability with-in a PBX phone system environment set-up. Some features listed are relate to 'device specific manufacturer specifications' only. When used with a compatible PBX Phone System some SIP client devices (IP Phones) have additional feature become available when used in conjunction with the PBX itself. IE: Call Park / Call Return is a function 'on a PBX system configuration'. It will become a usable feature on the SIP Client / IP Phone device in conjunction with the PBX main system.