Snom PA1 - Overhead Paging Amplifier Bridge for SIP Details
The Snom PA1 is a SIP bridge (Snom PA1) for Overhead and paging systems which can be used in both small and large applications. The Snom PA1 enables businesses to extend their existing public announcement speaker system while upgrading from digital/POTs systems into SIP-based voice communication solutions.
Snom PA1 Paging - Public Address System Features
Snom has developed a SIP bridge (PA1) enabling businesses to extend their existing public announcement speaker system while upgrading from digital/POTs systems into SIP-based voice communication solutions. The PA1 can be used in both small and large applications due to the inclusion of a 4-watt amplifier for single speaker projects. A microphone input is provided for two-way communication.
Larger projects can utilize multiple speakers driven by external high wattage amplifier(s). The PA1 serves as an auto SIP answering preamp that drives the multi-speaker setup. Use of Snom’s proven SIP stack enables wide compatibility with all SIP platforms.
Applications for the Snom PA1 include:
- Large PA systems driven by external amplifier(s).
- Small PA systems driven by internal PA1 amplifier (eg. door answering system), and internal relay to open door(s).
- Phone ringer amplifier with ability to drive strobe light as visual indicator.
- Multi-cast relay up to 4 SIP identities to four multi-cast IP addresses.
Snom PA1 - Public Address Device Specifications
- Works from your Snom handset or from peered PBX Phone Systems
- 4 Watt power amplifier
- Works with handset, headset or in handsfree mode
- Easy to install on wall mount or ceiling mount requirements
- Broadcasting announcements over 8 ohm speakers
- Ethernet: 2 x IEEE 802.3, 10/100 Mbps switch
- This product does not ship with a power supply. If you are not using a POE enabled network, you must purchase a POE injector or use a standard Snom power supply. Voltage feed via network (PoE): IEEE 802.3af, class 3
- SIP communication + Multicast
- Central configuration and maintenance
- Web interface menu
- Remote volume configuration
- 4 Watt power amplifier, class D (loudspeaker not included)
- Key for announcement of IP address and for resetting
- 2 LED status indicators
- For maintenance purposes: two 3.5 mm jacks for headphone connection
- 4 freely programmable output pins, configuration via web interface
- Robust housing for wall-mount
NOTE: Some Telephony features listed above may require interoperability with-in a PBX phone system environment set-up. Some features listed are relate to 'device specific manufacturer specifications' only. When used with a compatible PBX Phone System some SIP client devices (IP Phones) have additional feature become available when used in conjunction with the PBX itself. IE: Call Park / Call Return is a function 'on a PBX system configuration'. It will become a usable feature on the SIP Client / IP Phone device in conjunction with the PBX main system.