The GrandStream DP730 Cordless IP Phone Details
The GrandStream DP730 is a DECT cordless IP phone for small business, medium and large corporate users as well as home or small home office use. With the larger 2.4 inch large LCD Screen you can easily navigate and access the cordless phone functions.
The DP730 Handset boasts the largest Cordless Screen real estate on the market today. At 2.4 inch diagonal (= 240 x 320 pixel resolution / 37mm Wide x 49 mm Height / 1.46" x 1.93" Height) - it offers clearer resolution and an easier to view layout than even the companion model DP722 and legacy model DP720.
It is supported by using either the DP750 or DP752 (recommended) DECT VoIP base stations (sold separately) and delivers a combination of mobility and top-notch telephony performance.
Up to five DP730 handsets are supported on each base station while each DP730 supports a range of up to 400 meters outdoors (with DP752) and 50 meters indoors along with 40 hours of talk time and 500-hour standby time.
The new PTT (Push-To-Talk) button feature allows you to use the handset as a "Walkie Talkie" with other handsets on the same base.
GrandStream DP730 Expandable Cordless System
This IP Phone models touts a suite of robust telephony features including support for up to 10 SIP accounts per handset, full HD audio, a 3.5mm headset jack, push-to-talk, a speakerphone and more. When paired with Grandstream’s DECT Base Stations, the DP730 is a high-end handset that offers a powerful cordless DECT solution for any business or residential user. With superior HD Audio sound and push to talk functions, it offers business class quality at an affordable price point.
When used with Grandstream’s UCM series of IP-PBXs phone systems quickly set-up multiple extensions for users with Zero Config provisioning. Use up to five handsets with one base, and multiple base stations per site.
The DP730 Cordless Specifications
The DP730 is a DECT cordless IP phone that allows users to mobilize their VoIP network throughout any business, warehouse, retail store and residential environment.
- Supports a range of up to 400 meters outdoors and 50 meters indoors when used with the DP752 (300 meters outdoors when used with DP750)
- 2.4 inch (240x320) color LCD with 3 programmable soft keys
- Offers 40-hour talk time and 500-hour standby time and other power save features
- PTT (Push-To-Talk) button feature - "Walkie Talkie" with other handsets on the same base
- LED screen off settings when in call conversation, conserves battery power (see below)
- Face down call reject or hang up function settings (see below)
- Supports up to 10 SIP accounts and 10 lines per handset as well as 3-way conferencing
- Dedicated push-to-talk button, built-in proximity and accelerometer sensors for gesture control and alert notification
- Supports video streaming display and seamless 1-touch door control with Grandstream’s GDS3700 series Door Cameras
- HD audio on the speakerphone, handset, and headset jack
- Software and firmware updates over-the-air
LED OFF WHILE IN CALL SETTINGS FEATURE.
CALL REJECT & CALL DISCONNECT FACE DOWN FUNCTION.
IP PHONE HARDWARE SPECS
From full charge. Estimated power consumption / usage depends on range from base, talk time vs. standby use and other structural factors (Office building walls/glass/structural materials/other large obstructions can affect signaling connection with base units).
Individual phone settings can also affect battery charge usage, such as: screen time-out/sleep settings, LCD screen brightness setting, the number of actively registered SIP accounts, and ringer volume settings can all affect power consumption on the handset itself. The standby vs. talk time specifications provided by manufacturers are 'estimated values only' and not guaranteed.
OTHER ENDPOINT FEATURES
NOTE: Some Telephony features listed above may require interoperability with-in a PBX phone system environment set-up. Some features listed are relate to 'device specific manufacturer specifications' only. When used with a compatible PBX Phone System some SIP client devices (IP Phones) have additional feature become available when used in conjunction with the PBX itself. IE: Call Park / Call Return is a function 'on a PBX system configuration'. It will become a usable feature on the SIP Client / IP Phone device in conjunction with the PBX main system.